Monday, February 24, 2014

Miniature Pet Shop!

Good Morning my lovelies! Today I want to share with you a little project I worked on while I was discovering Netflix...

A few months ago I found this kit on ebay, and it was about $10 with free shipping from China. I get THE BEST deals from China I swear! Anyway, I have been in a huge creative slump for the last few months, so I decided to dig it out and try working on miniatures for a while instead of cards/etc.


So while watching entire series of 'Community' and 'Parks & Recreation', THIS is what I made!



Then the front swings open and...
And some closeups.



This kit came with instructions, in Chinese, and all of the contents were made by hand from paper, sheets of felt and fabric, ribbon, twist ties, small wood pieces, wires, beads, and cardboard.  It took forever, but it was so worth it in the end!

I'm slightly obsessed with miniatures, and now that I've actually MADE something, I think I'm ready to move on to my next project: A 1/2 in scale lighthouse!
Let me know what you think!

Sorry for the unedited shots, I haven't step up Photoshop on the laptop yet.  Shocker, Me procrastinating ;)

3 comments:

  1. Its a great looking display and a awesome cost! Once that mini bug bites..your in for some madness.. I am in deep :)

    I just bought a 1/12th scale lighthouse myself, mine is going to be created into a tower, look forward to seeing more on yours, js

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! I'd love to see your tower when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute! You have patients! awesome detail!

    ReplyDelete