Tuesday, December 10, 2013

J's Birthday Weekend in Toronto for the Caps/Leafs game

As some of you know, I did a crazy thing and bought Jeff (& I) tickets to go see the Washington Capitals play the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre on Novemebr 23, as his birthday present.  I'm not normally that extravagant for birthdays, but selling my My Little Pony Collection has proved to be the best idea ever, and I thought I'd do something nice for him since he does so much for me :)

I'm not going to bore you with details of how terrifying the flight into Toronto was, but I will recommend NEVER FLYING INTO BILLY BISHOP ON A PROP PLANE.  Yikes.

We did get to see J's aunt and uncle on Saturday, did a little shopping at the Eaton Centre, went for a bite to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, and had just enough time to go back to the hotel (Westin Harbour Castle OMG BEAUTIFUL!!!), to change and head to the game.

Go go picture spam:


Breakfast buffet at the Westin was Amazing!

Window display at the Bay!





J & D trying to destroy my Caps jersey lol

Leafs TV



Even my beer had a hockey player on it lol

These 2 shots were taken from our seats :)





Optimus Reim!

Opening faceoff with goalie info fading out lol

Brooksie!

My darling Ovi!



Holtby!





CAPS SCORE!  Ovi scored his 20th of the season right in front of me!!!

High fives at the bench




Leafs win!

Happy Reimer!

3 stars of the game


View from our hotel



On the ferry to the airport.

The Leafs won 2-1 in a shootout.  It was a fantastic game and it was win-win for me because I love both teams.  What a great experience, and I THINK J had a good time. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW, it looks like you had a great time!!!! Even if you weren't at the crafty girly night, lol!!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete