Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tutorial: Rainbow Glitter Zebra Print iPhone Case

I have had more compliments on my current iPhone case, and people are always asking where I got it, so I figured I'd do a tutorial to show you guys how to make your own!  You can thank me later ;)



The case itself is a clear soft rubber case I got on the cheap from ebay for $.99, shipping included.  The seller is easy to find and fantastic to deal with.  Message me if you are having a hard time finding them.

So your supplies:
1.  Glitter in whatever colors you choose.  I used my Martha Stewart super rainbow glitters lol
2.  Cuttlebug & zebra print folder (comes in a set of 4 different animal prints)
3. Old paintbrush
4.  Pencil
5.  Blade
6.  Mod Podge or equivalent
7. Your iPhone
8.  Clear iPhone case
9. Piece of plain white paper (something lighter than cardstock. text-weight works great!)



So the first thing I did was use the pencil to trace around the outside of my iPhone on the white paper. Cut it out on the line.

Next get out your Cuttlebug, put the paper into the zebra print folder & use your A+B+B plates.  Emboss!




Take your embossed paper and fit it into the case. Trace the camera hole and cut it out.


 Next get out your Mod Podge and your old paintbrush.  Use the paintbrush to apply the MP to the first (and second, if you so desire) indented section of the embossed image.  Make sure you have the correct side of the insert faced up, you don't want to finish glittering and discover your camera hole is on the wrong side ;)


Sprinkle your first color of glitter liberally over the MP'd section and gently press it down with your finger.  Tap off extra and return it to the container. 


 Repeat the above steps until you have all the areas filled in that you want glittered.


After it's dry you may want to go back and repeat the process on any sparse areas.

 

Once it's completely dry, dust off any extra glitter that might be lingering and fit it into your case and onto your phone!  Enjoy!

I could have used my massive Glitter Ritz collection for this, but let's be serious, GR is expensive, so I save it for cards, and my other high end products ;)  In case you were curious which shades of the Martha Stewart glitter I used:



2 comments:

  1. What if you don't have a cuttlebug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have a Cuttlebug, you could just print off a zebra print image and use the ModPodge over the black bits :)

    ReplyDelete