Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thomas Kinkade

So I mentioned a couple of days ago that this month's ATC theme was Thomas Kinkade.  I don't want to say I'm not a fan, because that would be rude.  I think he did beautiful artwork.  It's just not really in line with the style of crafting I do.  So please don't think I'm hating on him or anything. 

This was my first time actually working with one of his stamps.  What an experience!  If you have ever used one of his stamps you will know that they are HIGHLY detailed, and trying to figure out the best way to stamp them to get a good image can be a project in itself!  So to save you some trouble, I am going to tell you how I ended up with a great image. 

First of all I used VersaFine ink.  I tried Stampin' Up inks, Brilliance, and a few others but VersaFine BY FAR had the best luck getting all those tiny details to show up.  I also found that stamping on my Spellbinders rubber mat (with a piece of paper over it to protect it from the ink) also helped to get a clearer image.

Here is a shot of my finished ATC:
Like I said I used VersaFine ink in Crimson, then put Glossy Accents with Warm Highlight Glitter Ritz on all the windows, chalked the edges with black Pebbles chalk, punched the edges and mounted on black cardstock. It's not the best I've done, and after all the trial and error trying to get a good clean image, I was at the point where I just wanted this to be DONE.  Don't judge me ;)

I can't wait to see what the others in my group came up with, hopefully they were more inspired than I was lol

2 comments: